§ 1. General provisions
- The Library of Science is operated by the University of Warsaw – Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computer Modelling (ICM) with its registered seat in Warsaw (00-927) at ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa (“University”) via the Library of Science website (https://bibliotekanauki.pl).
- The purpose of the Library of Science is to make scientific papers and books („Scientific Publications”) available on the Internet.
§ 2. Rules for using the Library of Science
- The Library of Science service enables the following:
- storing Scientific Publications;
- making Scientific Publications publicly available;
- browsing Scientific Publications;
- downloading Scientific Publications.
- Browsing and downloading Scientific Publications is available in an open formula, free of charge to all those interested, subject to the terms of the applicable licenses.
- Users may use features available according to the current technical status of the Library of Science.
- Scientific Publications are stored and made publicly available under separate agreements concluded between the University and the publishers of these Scientific Publications, while using the related features requires registration in the Library’s electronic system.
- There are no special technical requirements for using the Library of Science, except for some of its specific features. Information about the current specific technical requirements is communicated on an ongoing basis in the Library of Science.
§ 3. Storing and making Scientific Publications publicly available
- A registered user may store and make Scientific Publications publicly available in the Library of Science.
- Users are forbidden to upload illegal content into the Library of Science, including, but not limited to storing and making available the following types of content in the Library of Science:
- contents to the dissemination of which the User does not hold a valid legal title;
- the dissemination of which breaches other third party rights, including their personal rights;
- the dissemination of which is contrary to other legal provisions than those resulting from sections 2.a and 2.b.
- By uploading metadata of Scientific Publications into the Library of Science, a User submits a statement that is in line with the contents of the Creative Commons 0 template, the full text of which is available at: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode („CC0”). The scope of this statement only includes metadata but not the contents of the Scientific Publications.
- Files that contain the Scientific Publications may be made publicly available by the User for use by third parties under the applicable public domain provisions, fair use or other freedoms stipulated under the law, or under the provisions of a license selected by the User from the list available in the Library of Science.
- Metadata and full text versions of Scientific Publications uploaded by Users are subject to verification by administrators authorized by the University.
- Detailed matters related to storing and making Scientific Publications available in the Library of Science shall be stipulated in separate agreements between University and the publishers of these Scientific Publications.
§ 4. Complaints, queries and comments
- Complaints, queries and comments should be sent by registered mail to: Interdyscyplinarne Centrum Modelowania Matematycznego i Komputerowego, Uniwersytet Warszawski [Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computer Modelling, University of Warsaw] ul. Tyniecka 15/17, 02-630 Warszawa or sent by electronic mail to lp.ik1669528464uanak1669528464etoil1669528464bib@k1669528464sedpl1669528464eh1669528464.
- The submission should provide sufficient details about the submitter, allowing for their identification, as well as the complaint, query or comment together with a short description of the issue.
- Submissions will be processed without unnecessary delay and submitters shall be notified of the results at the address indicated in their submission.
- The personal data controller for the Users’ data is the University of Warsaw with its registered seat at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa. Users may contact the data controller in one of the manners provided at: https://www.uw.edu.pl/kontakt/.
- The data controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who supervises the correct processing of personal data at the University of Warsaw. Users may only approach the DPO with matters related to the processing of personal data by the University of Warsaw. Users may contact the DPO via e-mail, by sending a message to: lp.ud1669528464e.wu.1669528464mda@d1669528464oi1669528464.
- The Users’ personal data will be processed for the purposes of providing the Library of Science services.
- The following personal data of the Users is processed as part of operating the Library of Science:
- name and surname;
- email address;
- password in encrypted format;
- IP address;
- user role.
- Personal data is processed pursuant to Article 6 section 1 letters b, c, e and f of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation; hereinafter referred to as GDPR). Data is processed for the time when the User has an account in the Library of Science and once it is removed – for the period of storing the data uploaded by the individual User into the Library of Science and for 5 years after their removal.
- Registered users, when using functions of the Library of Science related to uploading data, receive the following data of other Users: name, surname and login, while Users with administrative permissions also receive the email address.
- Personal data collected in the Library of Science may be transferred to third parties for the purposes required for the proper functioning of the Library of Science and only to the extent necessary. Data may also be made available to third parties in other cases specified by the law.
- A data subject has the right to (subject to the terms stipulated in the GDPR):
- obtain access to their data (Article 15 of the GDPR);
- rectify (correct) their data (Article 16 of the GDPR);
- delete their data (Article 17 of the GDPR);
- restrict the processing of their data (Article 18 of the GDPR);
- object to the processing of their data (Article 21 of the GDPR);
- withdraw their consent the processing of their data at any time (Article 7 of the GDPR);
- lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office if they believe that the processing of their personal data violates the GDPR (Article 77 of the GDPR).
- Providing personal data by the User is necessary to register with the Library of Science. Refusal to provide data will result in the inability to use the resources of the Library of Science.
§ 6. Liability
- The University undertakes best efforts to enable using the Library of Science without material downtimes or other interruptions, making it compatible with the largest number of possible hardware and software setups available in the market.
- If an official authority submits a notification or if credible information is obtained about the illegal nature of Scientific Publications or related activities, University shall immediately disable access to the indicated Scientific Publications in the Library of Science.
- The University may refuse to store and make Scientific Publications publicly available and may also block access or remove the data that does not constitute a Scientific Publications under the Terms and Conditions from the Library of Science, as well as data not complying with these Terms and Conditions. The University verifies the validity of metadata and technical validity of files.
- The University may refuse to register or remove the account of a User who breaches the Terms and Conditions and does not remedy the breach upon a 14-day notice.
§ 7. Modification of the Terms and Conditions
- The University shall inform the User of modifications to these Terms and Conditions by electronic mail sent to the addresses registered with the User’s account.
- A User that does not consent to modifications of these Terms and Conditions may request removal of their User account. These Terms and Conditions cease to bind the User from the date of removal of their account.
- A User who received information on a modification of the Terms and Conditions and did not demand their account to be removed at the earliest possible moment shall be bound by the modified Terms and Conditions.
§ 8. Final provision
Decisions of the Library of Science Team Head shall govern any matters not stipulated under these Terms and Conditions. Their decision may be appealed against to the Director of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computer Modelling.