Types of cookies used by the Library of Science:
- performance – collecting information about the way visitors use the service;
- operational – necessary to service the registered users.
Third-party services that may be linked to in the Library of Science may use other cookies than indicated above. These services follow privacy policies specified by their administrators. Please make yourself acquainted with such policies after navigating to these sites.
The Library of Science stores http requests addressed to our server. The resources are identified by URL addresses. WWW server log files contain the following information:
- public IP address of the computer that sent the request,
- number of bytes sent by the server,
- information about user’s browser,
- information about time when the data was sent from the server.
The information does not contain data pertaining to user identity, but when aggregated with other information may constitute personal data. Therefore, the data controller subjects them to full protection available under the law on personal data.
The log files are retained for an unspecified period of time as an auxiliary material for administering the Library of Science. Their contents are not revealed to anyone except persons authorised to administer the Library of Science. Log files are used to generate statistics to help in administering.
- The personal data controller for the Users’ data is the University of Warsaw with its registered seat at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa. Users may contact the data controller in one of the manners provided at: https://www.uw.edu.pl/kontakt/.
- The data controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who supervises the correct processing of personal data at the University of Warsaw. Users may only approach the DPO with matters related to the processing of personal data by the University of Warsaw. Users may contact the DPO via e-mail, by sending a message to: lp.ud1709419425e.wu.1709419425mda@d1709419425oi1709419425.
- The Users’ personal data will be processed for the purposes of providing the Library of Science services.
- The following personal data of the Users is processed as part of operating the Library of Science:
- name and surname;
- email address;
- password in encrypted format;
- IP address;
- user role.
- Personal data is processed pursuant to Article 6 section 1 letters b, c, e and f of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation; hereinafter referred to as GDPR). Data is processed for the time when the User has an account in the Library of Science and once it is removed – for the period of storing the data uploaded by the individual User into the Library of Science and for 5 years after their removal.
- Registered users, when using functions of the Library of Science related to uploading data, receive the following data of other Users: name, surname and login, while Users with administrative permissions also receive the email address.
- Personal data collected in the Library of Science may be transferred to third parties for the purposes required for the proper functioning of the Library of Science and only to the extent necessary. Data may also be made available to third parties in other cases specified by the law.
- A data subject has the right to (subject to the terms stipulated in the GDPR):
- obtain access to their data (Article 15 of the GDPR);
- rectify (correct) their data (Article 16 of the GDPR);
- delete their data (Article 17 of the GDPR);
- restrict the processing of their data (Article 18 of the GDPR);
- object to the processing of their data (Article 21 of the GDPR);
- withdraw their consent the processing of their data at any time (Article 7 of the GDPR);
- lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office if they believe that the processing of their personal data violates the GDPR (Article 77 of the GDPR).
- Providing personal data by the User is necessary to register with the Library of Science. Refusal to provide data will result in the inability to use the resources of the Library of Science.